Monday 7 May 2012


  WHAT I BELIEVE
( FORSTER , E.M. TWO CHEERS FOR DEMOCRACY )
                  









    At first , I thought reading “ What I believe “ could be boring. After I read it, well it is quite interesting. Basically, this essay is on humanism. E.M. Foster’s “What I  believe” essay deals on subjects such as personal relationship, democracy, Great men, aristocracy and individualisme. There is affirmation and skepticism manner in his writing.   I like the way  E.M. Foster write about personal relationship in this essay. Foster argues that one should invest in personal relationship. There  must be reliability in the relationship with natural warmth.  A personal relationship with causes will never  work in any situations. I agree with E.M. Foster for such arguments. I feel that a true personal relationship should have affection , loyalty and sometimes sharing a common value. Without these aspects, the relationship is going to be mess. I aware that instilling  a good  personal  relationship among the students is very important because students come from different social background . By engage them in  a good personal relationship through activities and learning process, they learn to respect each other and appreciate each other strength and weakness. Personal relationship can act as a bridge to reconcile different attitudes among students. Although the tastes of students on the surface may seem varied but through good personal relationship, they can melted .This relationship is  important in creating harmony to the world around them and to the growth of the nation.  The relationship can run in tragic when social forms and edicts interfere. So the teacher should play important role in balancing such situation.

No comments: